Re: monitor walls

Fred Benedikt Opines:

>1. The backlighting of monitors walls is the way to go. (explanation deleted)

     All well and good, but I wouldn't make it mandatory.  Most home viewers
lack this feature...  I do remember a Sylvania TV set from the 50's that
featured a flourescent area around the picture tube.  Unfortunately, it was
a black and white set.
     I do agree, however, it would be nice to have! (But I function OK
without it).
     A few years ago I was at a facility with a flourescent monitor
background. I was sad to note that from age, the diffusion material had
shifted its color temp significantly warmer.  Something to beware of!

Robert

-----
If you would prefer to receive this mailing list as a digest every
three days, send a message to "telecine-digest-request at xyzoom.alegria.com"
with the Subject: subscribe.