Rank gates' exit rollers

A few months back, we had a spirited discussion about how to lace the
Rank, Z- or Omega-wrap.  If you missed it and are interested, it's in
the Engineering section of the webpages.

I was informed today that Rank is now shipping its standard 35mm gates
with an "undercut" exit roller.  It would seem, then, that in this way
they respond to what many of us have known for some time, i.e. that
the Z-wrap improves vertical stability, and that the previous stock
exit roller could scratch the film if it is laced in this manner, via
the roller's inertia, and the film's curl.

--Rob

rob at sun.alegria.com     |  cat are not the better for it."  --Abraham Lincoln
rob at dagmar.alegria.com  |     http://www.alegria.com    KB6CUN

-----