frame rate/Sync question

My client is going to Africa for a month to shoot Nissan commercials.
Some shots will be sync, some of those will use HMI lights, and
because of this the camera frame rate will be 25 fps.  Sound will be
on DAT, with smart slate.  This job will be transferred *NTSC* here in
L.A., dailies and final by me.

1) I assume I'll have to transfer this at NTSC 25 fps, which isn't of
course a true 25, but 24.9???.  Will I see motion artifacts?  (I can't
remember if I've tried this)

2) what should I recommend for timecode rate on the audio/smartslate?

3) any other potential pitfalls?

...thanks in advance.
--Rob

rob at sun.alegria.com     |  cat are not the better for it."  --Abraham Lincoln