Re: New Film Cleaner Solvent

>To: neilfeld at imssys.imssys.com (Neil B. Feldman)
>From: craign at earthlink.net (Craig Nichols)
>Subject: Re: New Film Cleaner Solvent
>

>>My apologies to those of you who may have thought my posting on using
>>Iso-Butyl-Benzene - "Ibuprofen" (Motrin) for film cleaning was meant to be
>>a joke.
>>
>>                                -Neil Feldman at Video Post & Transfer in
Dallas

>Neil,
>
>I find this to be good news, and even though I may have joked about it, I
believe you.  I do know that Ibuprofen in large amounts can have serious
side effects if large dosages are ingested orally.  Among the worst are:
liver damage, peptic ulcer, drug induced meningitis (rare), kidney damage,
or rare bone marrow depression.  So, a word to the wise: don't drink the
film cleaner! ;->  I would find it unlikely that such things would happen
from breathing the fumes (I hope).
>It would be great it this stuff really allows us to have a somewhat benign
but effective film cleaner, finally. Great news Neil! BTW...I love those
Metaspeeds!!!

Craig Nichols
Telecine Engineer

-----
If you would prefer to receive this mailing list as a digest every
three days, send a message to "telecine-digest-request at xyzoom.alegria.com"
with the Subject: subscribe.