Sound sync

A question for all the series/longform people out there about sound syncing
in Telecine.
Do many of you transfer and sound sync electronic rushes in your suite?. If
you do, what is the preferred most accurate method & equipment used in PAL.

I won't go into details at this point of how we go about it, but needless
to say the results achieved over the years has not always be accurate and
cost effective.

I'd like to here about any experience with timecode on film systems (Aaton,
Arri), edit controllers, timecode slates (dumb, smart or other), various
field DAT recorders and studio DAT machines etc.

Noel Macwhirter
AAV Australia

-----
If you would prefer to receive this mailing list as a digest every
three days, send a message to "telecine-digest-request at xyzoom.alegria.com"
with the Subject: subscribe.