monitor walls

I'm wondering the consensus is regarding backlighting of monitor walls.  Do you
find it a help?  I've heard some colorists who really like it, and some who
do not.
I'm glad to hear Dave Corbitt mentioning the color temperture of the room
lighting. I feel this is too often overlooked.  One facility I'm familiar
with had lighting that was towards a hideous blue bias (not 6500) in
Telecine Bays with grey walls, whilst the Edit bays had brown walls and
tungsten lighting. There were constant complaints from clients that things
looked different in Edit than in Telecine. Duh!!
Craig Nichols
Telecine Engineer

-----
If you would prefer to receive this mailing list as a digest every
three days, send a message to "telecine-digest-request at xyzoom.alegria.com"
with the Subject: subscribe.