Re: HELP! on monitoring

Rob,
     The Sonys can work well when new but as they age tube replacement can
be a real pain  - getting purity right takes a lot of tweaking and I haven't
had any better luck having Sony do the replacement.
     One new monitor that I was quite surprised with is the new Panasonic
1905 - beautiful comb filter in this unit and can switch NTSC/PAL/RGB/601
without black level problems that plagued us with the Sonys. Well worth
considering!

>This is an interesting question, and we're bound to have an
>invigorating discussion.  I don't recall, in the 17 months of this
>list's existence, a debate about monitors, so it's about time.

        Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
        the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.