Film Cleaner Evacuation

Those multiple film cleaner spills at Editel years past and their effect on
those poor (but deserving) mice (and my poor lungs), is memorable. But, the
incident that really made me respectful and wary of cleaners happened on one
day that I had to go to AME, Olive to scavenge for parts. Upon arrival, I
found the HAZMAT squad, and what appeared to be the entire Burbank Fire Dept
had closed the facility.  All the employees were outside due to a very toxic
gas cloud created by an aluminum reel hold down getting into the soup. I
would not advise repeating this as a science experiment at home!

Craig Nichols
Telecine Engineer