Re: Burn cell overload

I have experienced the same phenomenon with the newer high output CRT's,
and found a .2ND worked on one machine, and .4ND on another, with frosted
scotch tape over them as well due to concern about reflections.  In my
case, a .6ND was a bit too much - cut the gain down below usable levels.
Frosted scotch tape by itself worked in the old days.  And yes, the
tailing up on one side of the burn waveform was the telltale sign of
overload.  I also continue the Rank factory practice of cutting down the
size of the burn cell opening with a black mask.

Ralph Edwards