Re: Rank_Hamamatsu_R878

One thing I might add is the 2154/3256  pmt's will drift. I have found that
an open gate at
300micros for the time it takes to clean a flat wii cause drift. The R878's
don't do this.It's
a trade off. Because of the higher resolution  I use the 3256's with the T E
 platnum tube.  As to Dave Corbit's remark about thick lenses on Ursa Gold  I
don't think mine has them. I've been in my cell box to replace falty  red
pmt's and on Ursa Gold, they use the 2154/3256 combo. I put a black card in
the gate (when no film is loaded) to stop the drift with the 2154/3256