Low end question

Hi, everyone:

As I slowly acquire the gear for  my little backyard telecine room  (which
one list member calls "[my] little science project" --  it's FDL-60 based) I
have run across a used ADO-100 at a fairly low (and probably haggle-able)
price.  Is this still a decent choice for cheap, low end X-Y zoom for the
Bosch, or is it too old and ugly  and noisy to consider?  Typical formats
here are Beta SP and 1" and 3/4"...

I don't (probably) have much need for X-Y zoom, so it's not something I want
to invest heavily in.  Any other possible suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Best,

Jeff Kreines
DeMott/Kreines Films