TLC VTR Control Status

I just wanted to update TLC users with some current VTR control status
information:

Ampex DCT:  The DCT is supported with TLC firmware 3.17/4.17 or
greater.  Field jogging and display is supported. I have found you will
need to set a TLC *SYN for the DCT to be "1".  No other timing trims
are necessary for this machine.  It will edit and sync accurately when
in D1 emulation mode, however, it will not field jog.  I hope to soon
correct the sync trim error in a later version.

Sony DAT:  The TLC DAT control firmware has been greatly improved.  You
will need firmware version 3.19/4.19 or greater.  With this you
shouldn't have to play with the *PARK trim like I earlier suggested.
I did run up against yet another control issue with the DAT you should
be aware.  If you are assemble editing on the DAT with the TLC, you
will need to make sure all 4 audio tracks are enabled in the TLC track
selection menu.  Even though this seems redundant, only enabling tracks
1 and 2 for DAT assembles will cause an "Invalid Function" error on the
DAT.  I will correct this in a later version.

Sony Digital Betacam:  The good news is Sony has a firmware upgrade
version 3.10 which fixes the mixed field editing problem with this
machine.  I have tested this quite a bit and it works well.  For
general Digi Beta control with the TLC including proper audio track
selections, you will need to have TLC firmware version 3.15/4.15 or
greater.

I hope this is of some use.  Feel free to call me at my office if you
have questions (or post email).  Gary Adams  818-902-0488