Re: Primetime 2

Speaking as a cine guy and not a transfer guy, I have to say that I shot
a couple hundred feet of Primetime, and got it workprinted, and it
overall looks pretty dreadful.  The color rendition is very poor, and the
tonal range is extremely limited.

The color rendition may be the result of dyes which are intended to match
the spectrum of the telecine pickups and not to match the dyes in the
print film.  But the tonal range really worries me.

I remember when the Video News Film was introduced for color reversal work,
it being specifically designed for video transfer.  It was shocking to
compare the older ECO films with the newer VNF stuff; the VNF had so much
less saturation and more extended range.  It's a shame that the Primetime
isn't the same sort of improvement.
--scott