FDL-60 Upgrade Questions

Hello, all:

I have recently discovered that John Stephens in Valencia, CA (the same JS
who made analog multitrack recorders) is now doing some interesting-sounding
upgrades for the Bosch FDL-60.  (New CCD preamps that are 10-12 dB quieter,
affordable resocketing, etc.)  Is there anyone out there who has used his
services, at all?  Just looking for yeas or neas....  EMail fine if you don't
want to speak publicly.

Also I am in the market for a couple of used FDL60s...  with DaVinci Classics
would be nice, but bare bones is ok too.

Jeff Kreines
DeMott/Kreines Films