Re: Methods of doing 3-perf?

>Quick survey: Who is doing 3-perf and what systems (local
>modification, Rank kit, others) are in use?

Back in the old days at California Video  (owned by Lorimar...did all the
evening soaps..Dallas, Knots Landing, Falcon Crest..etc...all three perf.)

We had a very early "Rank" kit.  It was not a formal package yet.  It was a
build as you go deal.   But once installed and dialed in, it was very solid.

An interesting "three perf" quality note...Dallas was very popular in
England. (BBC broadcast)  They insisted on being shipped a cut neg film
master rather than a PAL tape because of the quality degradation of the
image.
D.C.