Re: Smoking in facilities

]] Dave Corbitt sez:  "...we often find we are requested to cater to clients
who insist it is their "Right" to smoke during an Edit or Film Transfer.  No
one wants to lose clients."

We have a large sign in the lobby of Complete Post that states that there is (I
think) a $500 for anybody who smokes in a public building in the city of Los
Angeles.  As long as the client is willing to pay the fine, I don't care what
they do.  :-)

Seriously, I've always told clients, "hey, if you can keep your smoke on the
other side of the room, it's OK with me."  We have little Philips air-cleaners
that help maybe 25%, but they don't do a heck of a lot of good.

I'm fairly anti-smoking, but when push comes to shove, I'll take a comfortable,
calm client over 2 hours of coughing any time.  But 99.9% of the people we deal
with have accepted the smoking ban in LA.  Now, if we could only convince
certain OPERATORS (who will not be named) of the same thing...

--Marc Wielage
  Complete Post / Hollywood