Smoking

>However,  since we are a
>service industry we often find we are requested to cater to clients who insist
>it is their "Right" to smoke during an Edit or Film Transfer.

This is always a tough call. Since I came up to Portland it hasn't been an
issue (fortunately). People just get up and leave the room to go outside
whenever they feel the urge. This attitude has definitely made my life
easier. However, in less enlightened environs, what I used to do is let
anyone that wanted to smoke, but never two peolpe at a time and no chain
smoking. Of course being tactful also helps.  This approach always seemed
to work fine without any objections from the clients.

Julius Friede