Magnatech

    Don't get me wrong about Magnatech (or wreck), I have had a love hate
relationship with them for about 13 years or so.  The first one I dealt
with was in hyper wind from having too much tape on the core, and since I
was a Magnatech neophyte, it bit me! After bleeding profusely, I gained a
healthy respect/contempt for these machines!  Since then, knowing how to care
for and feed them has helped pay my mortgage, but I still would not turn
my back on one! I do have to admit that they can sound very good, and
work well if properly maintained.  I've had trouble getting some of the
logic ICs, though. I'm glad they are not dead, but in Florida.
    The Perfectones I've seem have worked quite well if fed a healthy
biphase level from the telecine.
    All in all, I would welcome a higher tech replacement for mags like
M.O. disc, or ADAT, or?  Maybe they are having trouble putting sprocket
holes on them?  ;-)
Craig Nichols                             __  __     ____  ___       ___ ____
craign at primenet.com                      /__)/__) / / / / /_  /\  / /_    /
"The grass is always greener on the     /  / \   / / / / /__ / \/  /__   /
other side of the fence, until you see all of the brown spots!"...My Dad.