Re: a few issues from Dave Corbitt

     Dave:

     On issue #1

     What many of my clients are using is the Tektronix WFM-601 and WFM-601i
     serial/parallel component digital waveform monitor and the "diamond
     display" feature in this unit.  This feature in the WFM-601 was designed
     for just this situation and to my knowledge, it delivers.

     It will show you, (tell you if you hook up and activate the alarm), when
     you have exceeded NTSC legal gamut limits for encoding.

     Outside of the NTSC artifacts related to encoding itself (bandwidth,
     serration, filtering, etc.), it's WYSIWYG.

     I was hoping to put this unit into Hollywood Digital's telecine and
     component digital edit bays when I was the Project Engineer for HD.  It
     just was not available at the time and I had to design other waveform
     interim solutions.

     Current facilities that I have been working with who are TOTALLY COMPONENT
     DIGITAL who are using the WFM-601 and 601i are C|Net Central, and The Game
     Show Network.

     Would like to hear from other users of the WFM-601 on this issue.

     Hope this helps.

     Nathan Simmons
     Digital Production Systems
     Sony BPPG