Re: kruftscmutzdrekk-Mikael Reichel

I agree with Mike at Digital Vision:  there's is absolutely, positively NO loss
in resolution when using DVNR.

What you can run into are momentary artifacts -- fine vertical details
disappearing or becoming "pixilized," under some circumstances.  It takes some
skill and experience to anticipate how the DNVR will react with different kinds
of material, under different settings.

It helps to have the ability to program the DVNR on a frame-by-frame basis, so
you can "crank it up" only when really necessary.

We also have to be very careful when using DVNR during titles, to avoid the
possibility of pieces of the title information dropping out.  Lower case "e's"
can turn into "c's," stuff like that.

--Marc Wielage
  Complete Post / Hollywood