Digi Beta opinions, anyone?

To: telecine at xyzoom.alegria.com

RN>Can't dispute what I agree with.  My experience with DCT while at VTA was
RN>a good one, after some early software changes.  (Wish I could say the
RN>same for Digital Betacam, which seems to be becoming the format of choice
RN>these days - unfortunately, to me.)  The DCT's dual-standard capability is
RN>a very useful convention, not only for telecine, but also for dual-standard
RN>component edit suites.  Besides, I'd sell more of my Reference Link
RN>boxes if the world went DCT :-)

Would be interested in your evaluation (as well as anyone else's) of
DigiBeta.

I have used it in the field a few times, feeding it analog component,
and the results looked great, especially when compared to standard Beta
SP, which I think pretty much sucks.

But laying down a few hours of live Ultimatte stuff is not the same as
beating on it day after day in a post environment, so any input would be
welcome, especially as I'm considering buying a machine for field
acquisition.

--Bob Kertesz
---
. QMPro 1.53 . Smoke may indicate you have passed maximum performance.

----
*  West Coast Connection - San Diego, CA - PCBoard MultiNode BBS  *
*  SysOp: don.presten at wcoast.cts.com - (619) 449-8333 - 24 hours  *