No Subject

Ralph,

The URSA 4:4:4 store used in the Gold, or updated Ursas will read the
store memory out in reverse order via the NEWSs flip (North, East, West,
South) function.  So, you can take a patch of a few lines (i.e. 16:9
at 30fps), invert it to a larger one, and then invert the picture back to
normal in the store. An add on 4:4:4 store for Mark III that allow this,
could prove promising when used with the Digital Deflection Scan System.
Yet, another advantage that the Digital Scan system offers that URSA does
not is adjustable pincushion. Inverted 16:9 on URSA tends to have some
geometry errors in the corners.

Regards,
Craig

-
Craig Nichols                             __  __     ____  ___       ___ ____
craign at primenet.com                      /__)/__) / / / / /_  /\  / /_    /
"The grass is always greener on the     /  / \   / / / / /__ / \/  /__   /
other side of the fence, until you see all of the brown spots!"...My Dad.

-

On Wed, 29 Mar 1995, Ralph Edwards wrote:

> I believe the flip you're referring to is a combination of scan and
> digiscan interaction in the URSA.  I believe that to be exclusive to the
> URSA, but I'll be checking that out at NAB as well.
>
> Ralph

>From telecine-request at xyzoom.alegria.com Wed Mar 29 22:11:10 1995
	(1.37.109.11/16.2) id AA080463070; Wed, 29 Mar 1995 22:1