No Subject

On Mar 20, 10:40, Craig Leffel wrote:

> What surprises me more is that if you are to advocate an
> alternate method, why not scanning? Scanning film for workstation
> manipulation gives us all far more resolution, color & bit depth than we
> have now, on any telecine anywhere.

Craig, this begs some discussion here.  With NAB coming up, and with
many here on the list interested in the newest technology, I would
think some review of the current state of film-scanning, manipulation,
and recording, is apropriate.  What's being used, by whom, and for
what?  Will the division between scanning and (traditional) telecine
sharpen or blur?  Cost and time (nonreal/real) issues?

--Rob

Subj:	Two additonal Telecine Engineers needed immediately