No Subject

 Reply to:     RE>over the top or omega?
>Date: 03-16-95 20:09
>From: Rob Lingelbach

>...what method of wrap do you use with 35mm, why, and do you have
>any experience with film scratches using the non-omega capstan wrap?

We use the "full wrap" for all shuttling, back and forth, correcting,
etc. but always use "half wrap" for the final lay-down. It IS a must
for Pin-Up.

Because of the minimal film-capstan contact, there is always the
danger of film damage if you shuttle in the half-wrap mode. Yeah,
we've been burned by that in the past.

-bt

Subj:	Re: CBS-TV