Re: vectorscope

><---- Begin Included Message ---->

>Do you work with an expanded display, where the burst is at or beyond
>the outer circle, or do you work with a calibrated display, with burst
>measuring 75%?

You know, I find this also a little vexing. I prefer to work calibrated
myself. Perhaps those who are more instrument minded prefer to run expanded.
Personally, in the commercial marketplace, I have always felt that scopes were
not as usefull as good exposure intuition.

The other big question is to monitor in component or composite?

I cant tell you how many tapes I've recieved from other facilities with no
setup or clips. I'm sure the picture looked lovely at the time, but by the
time I encode the image, that beautiful blue sky is now white due to the
headroom being sheared off.

Anyone have any good sound monitoring guidelines in a given format that might
be distributed?

Best

Bob Festa festa at earthlink.net