vectorscope

I'd like to do a little survey of colorists regarding the composite
vectorscope.

Do you work with an expanded display, where the burst is at or beyond
the outer circle, or do you work with a calibrated display, with burst
measuring 75%?

I ask this question because often I have to enter a room to start a
job following another colorist (musical rooms we call it) and it seems
the other colorists here at Editel L.A. are using the expanded mode,
to confirm black balance.  I'm more comfortable using the normal
unexpanded mode, because I like to see the full vector excursion, and
I can still see black balance well enough anyway.

--Rob

rob at alegria.com        |  cat are not the better for it."  --Abraham Lincoln
   http://www.alegria.com