Re: registration blues

I would like to comment on your "bad shuttle and film pack aftertaste".  We
have found that the film pack problem is a TLC problem in disguise, and that
by tightening the springs on the compliance arms  (Rank aproved) app 1/3
higher than normal rank spec. we have achieved a pack that we are pleased
with, and which causes no tension dumps.  The bottom line of this problem is
the antique URSA servo system, and the TLC lack of speed limitation.  Pin up,
when adjusted properly, should in no way interfere with the normal shuttle
and play operation of the machine.