re-RTS again

                                                                      1/25/95
                                                                      12:12
AM
 re:RTS again

On 1/24 Peter J. wrote;

<<There are processing
reasons to use the non real time gate but the majority of our work doesn't
require it>>
This reminds me that none of us have addressed the issue of noise reduction
in real time.
When steady-printing, we use recursive flush on the noise reducer. We do some
other noise reduction depending on how we record to tape, but recursive flush
deals with telecine noise quite well. You still have to decide how to deal
with grain once you've steady-printed. I have found that the URSA is
relatively quiet, but I still anticipate times when noise reduction might be
an issue.
Twistme,
Craig