registration blues

All,

Thanks for your comments regarding registration in telecine.
It appears that the most vocal support comes from the RTS with MetaSpeed
Plus camp. Interesting, in that I felt someone must be doing something with
electronic registration or stabilization. Perhaps those with the answers
prefer to remain quiet. Unfortunately post-production has become rather
cuthroat when it comes to weapons selection. Anyway, Peter Gabriel taught me
to never trust a man who shouts what he's found.

At any rate a few more questions:

Any RTS servo abnormalities in normal operation? PinUp has left me with a
bad shuttle and film pack aftertaste.

Any classic MetaSpeed picture slicing or other picture artifacts?

When I ran an EPR installation. I let all of my imagery pass through the box
steady and charged only those who booked it. Whats your use/booking/billing
policy with RTS/ MetaSpeed?

What is your definition of steadiness as defined by pixels or percent?

Will RTS with MetaSpeed Plus be shown on the floor at NAB and where?

As a final aside. In the Los Angeles market there has been a great deal of
standardization of tools in the telecine environment. I think you will find
that all of the top facilities are URSA, TLC, Renaissance, Power window,
based. This adds a real sense of interchangability to imagery that floats
around our community and I think this is healthy for clients who hop around
quite often. As much as I encourage individuality, I'd love to see some
standardization in the registration arena.

Well, there you go. Any other burning comments are surely welcome.
Bob Festa                                 Festa at earthlink.net
Hollywood Digital
6690 Sunset Blvd
Hollywood, California 90028               213 465 0101