Re: Film registration

Hi To All,
Having spent a considerable part of my life mechanically pin
registering miles of footage,(when I could have been home with my family) I
must contribute to this discussion by saying that the RTS gate w/MetaSpeed
Plus is one of the best tools I've ever used in telecine. It works very well.
I still have the old mechanical Steadi-Film waiting to be used again in case
of emergency, but I havn't had a real need for it yet. There are processing
reasons to use the non real time gate but the majority of our work doesn't
require it. Of course, neither of these telecine gate systems will do much
for films with "recorded-in" instability. Those jobs will still require
either a reshoot or some sort of electronic stabilization.
                                                       Yours In Vector
Bending,

                                                                         Pete