Re: Film_Registration

At Post Logic we have two Video Engineering "Pin-Up" systems.  With minimal
maintenance, and frequent use, they have performed very very well for us.  We
do our own periodic testing and tweaking both electrical and mechanical.  Our
colorists arbitrarily through out the day choose to "pin" a piece of film.
 We seldom have pin failures.  As such our opinion is that of the systems
currently available, Pin-up is the superior method.  Notwithstanding the
difficulty of customer support from the factory.
Rank is blowing the jump free horn as a replacement for mechanical
registration, but it does not duplicate the mechanical path of a pin reg'ed
camera neither do epr systems.  So you will always end up with some motion
artifacting.