Re: Film_Registration

Hi, Bob.  The real-time registration features of the DVNR pretty much suck, as
much as we've been able to see (down the road at CP).  We have this option on
one of our four DVNRs, and to me, there's so many artifacts going on in the
picture -- the usual "pixilizing/flickering" problem you see with the dirt
removal mode set too high -- that it's not that useful.  Also, the picture
doesn't get a whole heck of a lot steadier, in my opinion.

The boys back in Sweden have promised to send us a new software upgrade (stop
me if you've heard that line before), which is claimed to improve that, but I'm
still kinda skeptical.

--Marc Wielage
  Complete Post / Hollywood