Re: BIT DEPTH

} Subject: BIT DEPTH

> As we all know, one of the big selling points for URSA GOLD is the
> 10-bit output. And Renaissance, et al are 10-bit capable. But we all
> still have lots of 8-bit hardware in place (such as ACCOM DIE-125 and
> DVTRs as well as a ton of disk recorders) that we may not want to toss
> out just yet.

Looks like I'm going to have to educate myself regarding Dynamic
Rounding, in comparison to 10-bit paths.

But I want to ask everyone: didn't I hear last year that Accom will
have a 10-bit Digital Noise Reducer?  Or is it already out?

Regards
--Rob

rob at alegria.com        |  cat are not the better for it."  --Abraham Lincoln
   http://www.alegria.com/robhome.html