DaVinci/TLC tape to tape

Hi I just saw your message regarding skipped color corrections during tape
to tape, and wanted to say  "YOU ARE NOT ALONE"

We have also been dogged by this problem over a couple of years, and have
had DaVinci swap timecode readers, and an aux board to no avail.  We  have
been told several times that it would be addressed in some future software
release.

We did eventually get told the work around by DV in LA, who had apparently
seen it before.  The solution is to press "cmd play" during the preroll to
the edit, which forces DaVinci to reload its event buffers.  Since trying
this, we have not had the problem with skipped corrections.

One difference from your problem is that we had the problem both under
DaVinci or TLC control, but never in film to tape.

Are there any two DaVinci's out there that are actually running the same
software, without custom patches to make it work correctly????

Regards    Andy Toms

--- End of forwarded message from atoms at bach.ccinet.ab.ca (Andy Toms)

--
Rob Lingelbach  KB6CUN | 2660 Hollyridge Dr LA CA 90068 USA   213 464 6266
rob at alegria.com        | "A raca humana e' uma semana no trabalho de deus"