Re: TAF

 Reply to:     RE>>TAF

----------------------------
Date: 12-07-94 11:50
To: Topazio, Bill
From: David L. Tosh

A question: What do most people really use TAF for? Is it a daily setup
tool? Do you actually use it to set up daVinci basemems or even user
defined masking? David Tosh  dlt at earthlink.net  (CIS 72167,1376)

From: bt  at  editel

Well, we just use it as a ballpark tool. We find that TAF is consist-
ently inconsistent... not with other TAF but with a tyical client film.
Usually the error is that if we set up to TAF, the session neg is way
too green. But as a general morning checkout it's as good as anything
else.

We generally do not engage masking. The colorists find it more limit-
ing than helpful. I am not sure I agree with this from an engineering
sense, but the proof is in the pictures, and the guys have not had any
real trouble attaining award-winning, awe-inspiring, god-humbling and
generally OK-looking pix with the range of control offered by both
Sunburst and DaVinci.