URSA Beam Current Changes

from Rob Lingelbach:
>--seemingly random-- the Ursa will be in 150uamps low beam, when I had
>300uamps high beam selected at the Ursa locally.

I can confirm that this happens at Post Logic. We had this problem back
last spring and after talking to tech support about it, they put a 'fix' in
the EMC code to keep the change from happening. As I remember it, there was
some arcane reason the EMC code thought it should change (and evidently
there is no status available from the URSA.) The fix was just a rule that
the EMC would not make a change in some circumstances. I don't remember the
details- it was only a partially logical situation.

Anyway, the symptom has returned in the latest software we installed about
2 months ago. I haven't gotten around to reloading older stuff to determins
when it changed. Perhaps daVinci software people dropped out the fix by
accident.

It would be useful to know if this happens on a newer system that doesn't
use the EMC.

David Tosh  dlt at earthlink.net  (CIS 72167,1376)