status report on our mailing list

Since we've had a flurry (does 5 make a flurry?) of new subscribers, I
thought I'd pass along some information.

We have 43 subscribers now, up from 30 about a month ago (before the
blurbs in Millimeter and In Motion).

There is a file, archive/whois.txt, that lists the subscribers and
their affiliations.  No affiliation is given for several of the
people, because they haven't given me the information or they don't
know about the file.  If this is true of you, feel free to give me
your particulars.  (ps. if you don't know how to get this file via the
archive server, find out from the help facility-- e.g. send a message
to telecine-request at xyzoom.info.com with "Subject: archive help")

Speaking of archives, so far all of the messages have been archived in
the subdirectory "latest".  There are 67 messages there...this will
make 68.  To make things neater, I'm going to archive and compress the
messages on a month-to-month basis, so in the next few days there will
be zip'ed files in there with names like "sept94.zip" etc.  As always,
you can get a directory listing with the archive server.

to my new domain, telecine at xyzoom.alegria.com) is "reflected" out to
all of the subscribers.  One message you write will have 42 or more
readers.  I'm going to check the "To:" headerline more carefully from
now on when I reply to administrative requests ;-).  There is no
screening of messages.  Machine xyzoom is now directly on the internet
fulltime, so things get places pretty quickly.

Any problems don't hesitate to get in touch.

Regards
--Rob  (the maintainer)  Senior Colorist, Telecine Manager, Editel LA

--
Rob Lingelbach KB6CUN  |2660 Hollyridge Dr LA CA 90068 213 464 6266 (voice)
rob at xyzoom.alegria.com |"I care not much for a man's religion whose dog or