Re: switchers

We use the Dynatech Alphie (formerly Alpha 501). I works really well
and I like the chroma keyer better than the Ultimatte 4 or 5 (plus its
digital!). I don't like the fact that it won't pass negative black.
That is a design decision that Alpha Image made and I completely
disagree with. The alpha switchers use an external router as the input
selection matrix which works out neat for us- we have two bays that
share the router (32x16) and can use the extra outputs as AUX buses to
feed the daVinci input for quick tape to tape setups.
If I were building a new bay right now, I would also look at GVG's
1000 and even the 1200.