Rank Cintel phosphor correction

Hello,
I have an engineering question which turns out to be surprisingly
difficult to get an answer for.  I am turning to this mail list in
hopes that someone may know or may put me in touch with a
knowledgeable person.

Q. Are telecine transfer machines, e.g. the Rank Cintel, color
corrected for the original NTSC monitor phosphors or for the later
SMPTE C ones?

I am not a telecine professional but a writer for THE PERFECT
VISION.  We desperately need an answer to this question to aid in
our evaluation of consumer television monitors (since they use
neither of the above phosphors, they should include a correction
matrix, but for which one?).

--
Bill Cruce,    DAY: 216-325-2511 X321,   NIGHT:  216-673-1974
INTERNET: wlrc at uhura.neoucom.edu           FAX:  216-325-7943